Tips & Tools
Deep Fryer Instructions
Warning! Hot oil is extremely combustible and dangerous; it poses severe fire and burn hazards. DO NOT leave hot oil unattended or allow children or pets near it.
- For questions on operating please contact us during normal business hours at (408) 747-1000.
- After hours and emergencies, please call (408) 422-7043.
- Fill deep fryer with approximately 7 gallons of oil, to the oil level mark engraved inside the back of the tank.
- Turn the temperature gauge to the OFF position.
- Turn the gas valve on the deep fryer to the OFF position.
- Securely connect the hose to the propane tank and open valve.
- Turn gas valve on the deep fryer to PILOT position.
- Depress gas valve, wait 30 seconds, and hold it down while lighting the pilot. Use a long grill lighter to avoid contact with hands.
- After pilot is lit, continue to hold down the gas valve for about one minute.
When lighting a manual pilot system, sufficient time must be allowed for the pilot flame to heat the thermocouple.
- Turn the gas valve and let the pilot burn for about 2 minutes.
- Turn the gas valve to the ON position and the temperature control knob to 200 degrees.
- If the pilot light goes out, repeat steps 5-9.
- Adjust the temperature control knob to the desired temperature.
- To turn the deep fryer off, turn the temperature gauge and the gas valve to the OFF position.
- Turn the propane tank valve OFF and DISCONNECT the hose.
Allow oil to cool down for 20-30 minutes. Drain oil from front valve into a bucket for disposal. Remove any cooking debris from tank. Rinse unit with HOT water before drying. There is a $75.00 cleaning fee for equipment returned not drained and rinsed.
- Unit Specifications: Estimated 105 BTUs. 1-2 minute recovery time, depending on usage (frozen vs. thawed food). 6" clearance required for back/sides and 28" aisle in front.
- Unit Dimensions: 49" tall x 15" wide x 31" deep
- Basket Dimensions: 13" long x 6.5" wide x 6" deep. Unit comes with two baskets.