Tips & Tools
Outdoor Heater Instructions
- For questions on operating please contact us during normal business hours at (408) 747-1000.
- After hours and emergencies, please call (408) 422-7043.
- Keep outdoor heaters away from any combustible material, including wood, compressed paper, plant fibers, plastic and other materials that are capable of being ignited and burned.
- Minimum clearances to adjacent combustible surfaces: TOP: 18" SIDES: 24" BELOW: 84"
Lighting the Pilot
An igniter has been built in as part of the gas control valve, which will be activated when the valve stem is depressed and turned counter-clockwise.
- Push and turn the control knob to PILOT position. The igniter will spark at the same time. Check the pilot flame through the 1/2" match lighting hole.
- Firmly depress the knob for 15 seconds after lighting. If the pilot does not light, turn the control knob to the OFF position. Repeat steps and try again. It might need two or three trials to light the pilot burner. Note: Allow 1 minute to purge air through the pilot after connection with a new gas tank.
Turning the Heater On
Turn control knob to ON position.
Turning the Heater and Pilot Off
Turn control knob to PILOT position. Depress slightly and turn to OFF position. Wait five (5) minutes after complete shutoff of heater before relighting pilot. Turn gas tank off when not in use.