Tips & Tools
Popcorn Machine Instructions
The 8 oz. Antique Popcorn Machine pops 110 oz./55 servings per hour. Each popcorn pack makes 10 2-cup servings. The machine weighs 75 lbs. and its dimensions are 14" x 18" x 28". It has a standard 3-prong plug and requires a standard 110 volt, 15 amp plug. The Popcorn Machine can be rented by itself to be placed on a table or rented with an antique cart.
The popcorn packs consist of two easy to use pouches: one pouch contains popcorn pre-mixed with salt, the second pouch contains oil. Simply cut open both pouches and put the contents in the kettle to make 10 servings within a few minutes. In addition to these popcorn packs, we sell boxes and bags to hold your popped corn. Please refer to the Concession & Party Machines Page for pricing.
The popcorn machine is easy to operate. Please review the operating instructions prior to use and follow the cleaning instructions before returning to avoid any cleaning charges.
Popcorn Machine Operation Instructions
Thank you for renting a popcorn machine from Danny Thomas Party Rentals. Please follow the directions below for to make delicious popcorn for your event. If you have any questions or problems please do not hesitate to contact us at (408) 727-2424. We hope you enjoy your popcorn and have lots of fun!!
- Machine needs to be plugged into a 110-volt dedicated circuit to operate properly.
- Always have the kettle motor switch OFF when not popping corn.
- The kettle will get very hot! USE CAUTION ALWAYS.
- Water must NEVER be put on the popping KETTLE!
- Never lift machine from yellow top section. Machine weighs 75 pounds and it must be lifted from the base by at least 2 persons. Damage to machine will be billed at replacement cost.
- Plug in machine.
- Push kettle lid up to the top of cabinet where a magnet will hold it in place.
- Turn HEAT and LIGHT switch to ON (Wait 3-4 minutes for kettle to heat up).
- When ready to add oil and popcorn, turn KETTLE MOTOR switch ON to start the motor.
- Open the oil pouch and pour into the kettle.
- Immediately add the popcorn. (DO NOT OVERFILL: only pop one popcorn pack at a time.)
- Pull the kettle lid downward from the top of the cabinet to cover the kettle. DO NOT FORGET TO COVER THE KETTLE OR THE OIL AND POPCORN WILL IMMEDIATELY SPRAY OUT ALL OVER THE SIDES OF THE MACHINE.
- While the corn is popping open the plexiglass doors slightly to prevent fogging.
- Popcorn will pop quickly, and when the popping ceases, TURN BOTH THE KETTLE HEAT AND MOTOR SWITCH OFF.
- Lift the kettle lid until it attaches to the magnet on top of machine. Dump popped corn by releasing the kettle, rotating the black handle clockwise and pulling downward.
- Put the kettle back in place using the black handle to hook the kettle to the holding bolt. USE CAUTION - THE KETTLE IS VERY HOT!
- Repeat steps 2-12 for additional batches. Each dual pack of popcorn and oil makes 10 2-cup servings.
- If you are making several batches continuously you do not have to wait for machine to reheat. It will already be pre-heated.
- Remember to turn HEATING LIGHT SWITCH to ON in order to keep your popcorn warm.
- Popcorn machine must be returned clean. There is a $25.00 cleaning charge for machines that have not been cleaned.
- Wait at least one hour until the kettle has completely cooled. The kettle can be very hot - USE CAUTION.
- Wipe all oil off the inside and outside of the kettle with a DRY clean soft cloth. NEVER PUT WATER ON THE KETTLE!!