Tips & Tools
Sno-Cone Machine Instructions
Thank you for renting a Sno-Cone Machine from Danny Thomas Party Rentals. We hope you enjoy your snow cones!
- For questions on operating please contact us during normal business hours at (408) 747-1000.
- After hours and emergencies, please call (408) 422-7043.
Follow these instructions carefully. Damage to the Sno-Cone Machine will be billed at a replacement cost of $500.00. Avoid an additional cleaning charge by thoroughly cleaning the machine before you return it.
- The Sno-Cone Machine can take ice cubes or blocks of ice broken into pieces approximately 3" - 4" in size. The ice will not fit in the shaver if the pieces are too large.
- The design of the shaving chute automatically draws the ice against the blade. There is no need for manual effort.
- As a safety feature, the motor will only run while the motor button is depressed.
- Any damage to the machine will be billed at a replacement cost of $500.00.
Syrup & Paper Cups
Syrup and paper cups can be purchased from us. Please refer to the Concession & Party Machines Page for pricing. Check Concession & Party Machines for pricing.
- Set the cabinet on the drip tray. Make sure to put the drain hole over a bucket or other area that can accept any draining liquid from the machine. Melted ice and condensation go into the drip tray.
- Plug in machine. Turn on light switch (located on front of cabinet). Light will come on in cabinet.
- Push and hold the motor button.
- Wait for the motor to come to full speed.
- Fill the chute to within an inch of the top with ice cubes or block ice. The larger the pieces, the better the snow.
- Push the pusher handle down against the ice in the chute. Apply firm and even pressure to make the best snow (too much pressure will result in snow that is coarse; too little pressure will make the snow mushy).
- Repeat steps 3 - 6 until you have enough shaved ice.
- Wipe all water and any syrup off of the cabinet inside and out.
- Clean the dip pan, ladle, ice scoop, and all syrup bottles. Make sure the empty syrup bottles and pumps come back clean. Lost bottles will be charged a replacement charge of $5.00 each.
- Unit Specifications: Produces 300 to 500 lbs. of ice per hour. Handles ice cubes up to 4" in diameter.
- Unit Dimensions: 22" x 16" x 18", 70 lbs